Your Apple Watch can be connected to your Apple TV, iPad, and iPhone. So in this post, we’ll look at how to fix some of the most common issues with Apple Fitness+ on your devices.
Apple Fitness+ is Apple’s answer to the growing obsession with measuring personal health metrics. Apple Fitness+ lives with your Apple fitness app and is designed to be a one-stop shop for working out at home. It works by connecting with your Apple Watch and measures your metrics as you work out. Inside the app, you can select a preset workout and even pick your favorite trainer to work out along with. You can even see how many calories your friends burn from the same workouts so there’s an element of competition that should keep you motivated.
However, with all things new, there are bound to be a few bugs that crop up. Apple Fitness+ has seen its own fair share of problems since its release and there haven’t been any official fixes for these issues from Apple. However, there are certain things you can do to reset your Apple Fitness+ app which should fix the issues for the time being.
Apple Fitness+ common issues
- Apple Watch not connecting to Apple TV, iPad, iPhone
- Apple Watch disconnecting from devices without warning
- Can’t carry on workout from the point you were disconnected
First, we’ll go over how to fix Apple Fitness+ issues between your iPhone and your Apple Watch.
Restart your Apple Watch
Because Apple Fitness+ won’t work without your Apple Watch being in good shape first, try restarting your Apple Watch. If you have any dodgy connection issues on your watch, then restarting it might recalibrate it properly. Here’s how to do it;
- Press and hold down the side button until you see three horizontal sliders.
- Drag the Power Off slider to the right.
- Press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo to turn it back on.
Alternatively, if your Apple Watch has frozen, you can perform a hard reset by doing the following;
- Press and hold the Digital Crown and Side button at the same time.
- Hold until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo appears.
Look for updates
Something else that you will hopefully be doing anyway is to check for updates. If you’re running on an older version of software then your Apple Watch might have trouble recognising it. Make sure your iPhone is connected to you iPhone and then;
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Select the My Watch tab.
- Tap General > Software Update to check for updates.
Re-pair your Apple Watch
At the same time, your Apple Watch might just need to connect to your iPhone again. You’ll need to unpair it and then re-pair it. Here’s how;
- Go to the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap All Watches at the top of the My Watch screen.
- Tap the info button to the right of your current watch.
- Select Unpair Apple Watch.
- Confirm the process by pressing Unpair (watch name).
- Disable Activation Lock by entering your Apple ID password and pressing Unpair.
How to fix Apple Fitness+ on your Apple TV and Apple Watch
Apple Fitness+ is arguably best used in conjunction with your Apple TV as most people will want to workout in their bedroom or lounge and have their workouts displayed on a bigger screen then their iPad or iPhone. So, here’s how to fix common Apple Fitness+ issues on your Apple TV.
Force quit the fitness app
The first thing you’ll want to do is force quit the Apple Fitness+ app on your Apple TV. Usually, this fixes the issues associated with your Apple Watch. Here’s how to do that;
- Turn on Apple TV.
- While on the Home screen, double-click the Apple TV/Home button on the Siri
Remote. It is the top button on the right side of the face of the remote with a TV icon on it.
- Swipe to the right on the trackpad to find the app you wish to force-close.
- Swipe up on the trackpad to force the app to close.
Reboot your Apple TV
The next best thing to try is to reboot your Apple TV entirely. This is as simple as unplugging your Apple TV from its socket and then plugging it back in.
Reset Apple TV to factory settings
One last option is to reset your Apple TV to its factory settings. This is quite an extreme fix to the common issues because it will wipe all your data and saved information on your Apple TV. If you want to try it anyway, follow these steps;
- Open Settings on your Apple TV.
- Click System.
- Click Reset.
- Click Reset to restore your Apple TV to factory settings and erase all content and settings, or click Reset and Update to do the same, but also update the Apple TV to the latest version of tvOS.
Contact Apple Support
One last thing you can try whether you’re having issues with your iPhone, iPad, Apple TV or Apple Watch is to contact Apple Support. However, it’s worth noting that there is no official fix to these issues so we will have to wait for a proper patch to correct them.