The iPhone 14 is finally here after months of rumors and speculation. The new iPhones do not come with an overhauled design as expected. Like iPhone X or later, all iPhone 14 models lack the Home button, with the Side button replacing the Power button. This makes the steps to turn off the devices different from older iPhones like iPhone 8 or earlier.
While the iPhone 14 is not ready for shipping until September 16, learning how to turn off the device may be a great start. The section below will show you how to power off your iPhone 14.
How to Power Off iPhone 14, 14 Plus, 14 Pro, or 14 Pro Max
There are several ways to turn off the iPhone 14, and we will cover all of them in the section below.
Method 1: Using the Physical Buttons
This traditional way to turn off an iPhone requires some button-punching steps. Here is how to do it.
- Press and hold the Side and Volume Up buttons until you see the Power Off slider.
- Drag the slider to switch off your iPhone 14.
- To turn it back on, press and hold the Side button again until you see the Apple logo.
Method 2: Using the Settings app
There is an option to turn off your iPhone within the Settings app. This method does not require any hardware buttons. Here is how to do it.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Select General from the list.
- Under General, scroll down to the bottom, and tap Shut Down.
- Now, drag the slider to the right to turn off the device.
Method 3: Using Siri
iOS 16 includes turning off an iPhone using Apple’s virtual assistant, Siri. This nifty feature lets you power off your phone without touching the screen. Here is how to do it.
- Trigger Siri on your iPhone by long-pressing the Side button or saying “Hey Siri”
- Use one of the below commands to turn off your device.
- Simply say “Confirm” to confirm your action, and your device will turn off.
How to Restart iPhone 14
There is a secret restart button on iOS that most users are not aware of. This does not require any hardware button. Here is how to do it.
- Open Settings > Accessibility.
- Select Touch > Assistive Touch and turn on the toggle
- You should see the Assistive Touch button on the screen
- Tap on the button > Device > More.
- Tap on Restart and select Restart to confirm your action.