Apple Watch is an excellent device for health and fitness, but Apple’s wearable device usually does not work with a device running on a different operating system. For example, you cannot pair your Apple Watch with Android, no matter whether your device is from Samsung, OnePlus, or Google.
However, what if I told you you could connect your Apple Watch with your Fitbit app? Yes, you heard it right. There are several ways to sync your Apple Watch with your Fitbit account on an iPhone to keep track of your progress across multiple platforms.
This step-by-step guide will explain how to connect the Fitbit app to your Apple Watch. Before we get any further, make sure that the following requirements are met:
- Your iPhone needs to be running on iOS 14 or newer.
- You will need to install third-party apps like Strava or MyFitnessSync to transfer data from your Apple Watch to your Fitbit account.
- Make sure your Fitbit app is up to date.
Let’s proceed with our step-by-step tutorial if you have met the above requirements.
How to Connect Fit the Fitbit App to Apple Watch
We will use the Strava app to connect the data from your Apple Watch to your Fitbit app. The app is free to download from the App Store.
Step 1: Download and install the Strava app.
Step 2: Once installed, launch the Strava app and you will be prompted to create an account. Tap Agree to grant some permissions and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
Step 3: When the setup is complete, head to the Feed screen and connect a GPS watch or computer.
Step 4: Hit Apple Watch from the Device Type screen
Step 5: Tap Get Started on the Welcome screen.
Step 6: Once you are in the Set Up Checklist, you will be presented with the following option:
- Turn on Location Services: You need to enable this option so your Apple watch can connect with the Strava app
- Accept Our Code of Conduct: Agree to the Code of Contact
- Motion & Fitness: Turn on this feature to allow Strava to sync your Motion & Fitness data from the Apple Watch.
- Turn on Notifications: You can choose whether the Strava app will send you notifications or not.
- Sync with Health: Decide if you want to enable heart rate data monitoring while using the Strava app.
Step 7: Hit Done on the next screen.
Once you have installed the Strava app on your iPhone, you can now use the app to sync your Apple Watch data to the Fitbit app. Here are the steps:
Step 1: Download and install the Fitbit app on your iPhone
Step 2: Open the app and log into the Fitbit app with your credentials.
Step 3: Tap your Account profile picture in the upper left corner
Step 4: On the Account page, tap Third Party Apps at the bottom
Step 5: On the next screen, tap Compatible Apps and you will be redirected to Fitbit.com.
Step 6: Select Download on the App Store and hit Open from the Strava app page on the App Store.
Step 7: Hit Connect a GPS watch or computer.
Step 8: Next up, tap Fitbit from the Device Type list
Step 9: Tap Connect Fitbit and log in with your Fitbit account credentials
Step 10: Log into the Strava account again, enter your credentials, and hit Log In again.
Step 11: Now, hit Authorize to connect Fitbit and Strava.
Step 12: Select which functions of Fitbit you want to sync between Strava and Fitbit and hit Allow to proceed.
Step 13: Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.