If you’re wondering how to completely uninstall Adobe Flash Player from your Mac, then you’re in the right place! Here are the best methods to help you do this.
Why You Should Remove Adobe Flash Player?
Basically, the Adobe Flash Player helps us viewing multimedia content, executing rich Internet applications, and streaming audio/video. And, after a three-year warning, the end of this browser is here!
In fact, Adobe has officially started blocking Flash content since January 12, 2021. Because of that, we strongly recommend users to uninstall Adobe Flash Player from their computer as soon as possible. On top of that, there are currently 2 methods to completely uninstall Adobe Flash Player from your Mac.
Using Adobe Flash Player Install Manager
By far we think this is the most effective way to remove Flash Player for the Mac. But, feel free to choose whatever method you like here.
Follow these steps to uninstall Adobe Flash Player using Install Manager on Macs:
1. Head to Utilities in the Menu bar or Application folder.
2. Here, find and open the Adobe Flash Player Install Manager app.
3. Click on Uninstall.
4. When prompted, enter your password to allow the uninstallation process.
5. Then, click Install Helper.
6. Now, the uninstaller will tell you to close all open browsers.
7. After the process is completed, a window will popup to confirm that Adobe Flash Player has been removed from your Mac.
Using App Cleaner and Uninstaller
It is worth mentioning that this is a third-party app. And, here is the download link in case you need one. App Cleaner and Uninstaller is a great tool to help you quickly uninstall any unwanted apps. So, here is how to remove Adobe Flash Player with Apple Cleaner and Uninstaller:
1. On your Mac, launch the App Cleaner and Uninstaller from Applications.
2. Here, find Flash Player in the left-hand pane and open it.
3. Check the box next to Select All on the right-hand pane.
4. Then, click Remove in the bottom right.
5. A window will appear to confirm that you want to remove the app. Click on Remove again to proceed.
6. Wait a few seconds for App Cleaner & Uninstaller to confirm that the files are successfully removed.
Note: Unfortunately, all files related to Adobe Flash player could not be removed, because we are running the free version. Upgrading to the Pro version will allow you to remove it completely. Luckily, App Cleaner & Uninstaller does show in which directories the remaining relevant files are located.
7. Select Flash Player from the left pane.
8. In the right pane, click on the blue arrow icon. This will bring up the specific directory for the selected file.
9. Right-click on the file and choose Move to Trash. Repeat this step for the remaining files.
How to Confirm that Flash Player Has Been Removed
In order to know exactly that Flash Player has been removed from your Mac, you can go to the Adobe Flash Player website. Next, click on the button that says “Check Now” in the first step. In this case, if the uninstallation was completed, you will receive a notification that Flash Player is not installed.
In addition, to “completely” remove Flash Player on your Mac, you should also delete its installer. Here is how to do it:
- Open Finder
- In the Search field, enter “install_flash_player”.
- Right-click on the install_flash_player_osx.dmg file
- Finally, select Move to Trash.
We hope this guide helps you successfully remove Adobe Flash Player from your Mac. Also, feel free to let us know if you have any questions in the comments!