Apple outdid itself in 2020. They released many new devices with some amazing technology. We have the new iPhone 12 and the iPad Pro with incredible main camera features. The new AirPods Max, and their high fidelity and noise cancellations features. The M1 chip already doing extreme powerlifting in some Mac models.
Since 2020 was outstanding for Apple, what does 2021 have in store for them?
The Apple creators are staying busy, and some announcements have been made. From fixing and improving the newest technologies to releasing some new cool stuff. Amongst the most awaited releases the Mac lineup is the hot topic. Here we will explore some of what we can expect from Apple in 2021 regarding the Macs.
Most awaited Macs for 2021
23 – inch iMac (M1)
The new M1 has been integrated since 2020 to some Mac models such as the MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and the M1 Mac Mini. The transition from Intel’s processor into its native Apple Silicon Chips have been well-accepted by Mac users. The performance test ran on the computers have yielded results as outstanding as Apple promised.
The logical course of action is for all Mac to get updated eventually into the M1 processor. Apple itself has spoken about its desire being to steer away from Intel’s processors.
The first Mac expected to be updated in 2021 is the 21.5 inches iMac. There have been some rumors about Apple’s plan to introduce a 23 inch model into the series of iMac. It is expected to have similar dimensions to the 21.5 model, but hopefully a bigger screen with reduced bezels.
Many wait for the iMac of 27 inches to get a revamp. As well as some would hope for, a 30 inches model to complete the iMac parade.
Lastly, there has been some noise about how Apple will finally change Mac’s design. There have been plenty of reasonable complaints about what must be changed. Fingers are crossed hoping for the redesign to happen in this new 23 inches addition.
MacBook Pro M1 14-inches and 16-inches?
Same as the smallest iMac, the 21.5 inches, the MacBook Pro is expected to get a new design. Some reports speak of a 14 inches MacBook Pro with thinner bezels. The current 13-inch MacBook Pro if undergone a new design, are the expected models to become 14 inches laptops. This would mean that the MacBook Pro would have three models to offer: 13 inches, 14 inches, and 16 inches.
Speaking about 16 inches MacBook Pro, some great news is in the making. The new MacBook Pro 16-inches was supposed to come out in December 2021, but it hasn’t happened yet. The new expected date is early 2021.
While there haven’t been any official announcements, the evidence strongly suggests it will happen. Documents in a Boot Camp made a reference to an unreleased 16in laptop. This same data said the following: “Fixes a stability issue that could occur during heavy CPU load on 16in MacBook Pro (2019 and 2020) and 13 in MacBook Pro (2020).
Experts think the reason for its delay it’s due to problems Apple has encountered in regard to their new screen technology. It is being said that Apple will start using new mini-LED panels, which don’t suffer from burn-in as OLED. The new screens will offer a wider color ranger, riches and with higher contrast ratios, amongst other great features.
Hopefully, the new MacBook Pro 16 inches comes sooner than later. Apple has been showing an aggressive production schedule. That is why we all foresee big plans from the company.
There isn’t much to go about yet, but there is some hearsay about a refreshing of the Mac Mini. The M1 chip has given Apple some room to play with by bringing updated versions of their whole Mac series.
New design on Mac
Discussion about a new design on the iMac has been going on for some time. While customers love their Apple computers, there are a few things that could be improved. So why a new design?
- The iMacs are not ergonomic: While the screen itself has great quality and looks great, it cannot be repositioned. Since the screen cannot be positioned in an ergonomically friendly way people have resorted to different methods to fix this issue. Some include placing the screen on top of books and let’s agree that is not very convenient.
- It’s not cool enough: We don’t really mean a banality when we say cool. But, the iMac’s look has been the same for the past 10 years, it is about time it changes. The computer doesn’t make an impact as it did before. Another issue is the lack of space for a cooling system. While at the moment it doesn’t have heating problems, with the new M1 processor it might need soon.
- The bezels are too big: In the last years, Apple has reduced the bezels on most of their products: iPhone, iPad, MacBooks Air, etc. This feature doesn’t only allow for a bigger screen, but a more immersive user experience. Not only other modes within the brand have reduced the bezels, but most of the competition has too. It needs to catch up to the latest trends.
What should Apple include in their design?
Since everyone is hoping for Apple to finally update the design of their Macs the speculations have gone wild with the best features to add. New color options, better ergonomics, and reduced bezels.
- New Color Options: the iMac Pro is at the moment available in Space Grey only. The original Mac was popular for having many color availability. In recent years, Apple has kept its colors in a simple range of white and now, silver. So, everyone hopes for an upgrade in the color palette.
- Improved ergonomics: One way Apple could make their Mac’s screen more ergonomically friendly is to go back to their old angle-poised lamp design. They can completely redesign the old one, or come up with something new.
- Smaller bezels: We have already discussed how the big bezels from the Macs’ screen take away from the computer. So we definitely think, this feature should be and will be added to the new design.
Mac Trends in 2021 – The Bottom Line
That’s what we want to see in 2021 from the Apple Mac lineup. Apple will reveal more about its new Mac in the coming months. So stay tuned. However, we’d love to see a new MacBook with an overhauled design instead of hardware upgrades.
What do you think about Mac Trends in 2021? Let us know in the comments below.