It can be difficult to keep track of all the apps, music, and video content you’ve purchased and downloaded from the App Store and iTunes Store. Whether you are finding a missing app or planing to report an issue, it’s very helpful to know how to check the history of your purchases. Luckily, there are several methods to help you access this data. In this article, we will show you how to check your purchase history on your iPhone as well as other Apple devices.
Check Your Recent Purchases on Web Browsers
The simplest way to access your purchase history is via any web browser on your devices:
- Go to reportaproblem.apple.com.
- Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- A list of your recent purchases shows up. If you’re not sure what you were charged for but you know the exact amount, search for the amount. If there’s a problem with an item that you purchased, use this website to report the problem to Apple.
However, this method only allows you to see a limited list of your recent purchases. To see charges from older purchases, you might need to use the following methods.
Check your purchase history on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap your name, then tap Media & Purchases.
- You might be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
- Tap Purchase History.
- Now you will see your purchase history. If you want to see purchases that you’ve made over the last 90 days, tap Last 90 Days, then select a different date range.
See your purchase history on your computer
- Open the Music app if you are using a Mac or iTunes if you are using a Windows PC
- From the menu bar at the top of the screen, choose Account
- Click View My Account.
- On the Account Information page, scroll down to Purchase History.
- Next to Most Recent Purchase, click See All.
- Find the item. It might take a moment for your Purchase History to appear. If you want to see purchases that you made more than 90 days prior, click Last 90 Days, then select a date range.
Cancel your Subscription or Re-download Purchased Files
Please keep in mind that canceling your subscription and re-downloading purchased files on your iPhone do not require access to your purchase history.
To cancel your subscription:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone/iPad.
- Tap your account name.
- Select Subscriptions.
- Choose the subscription that you want to manage
- Tap Cancel Subscription
To download an app, movies, music, or ebooks that you’ve purchased before, you can check out Apple’s official guide here.
What To Do If you Can’t find An item In your Purchase history
If you can’t find the item you’re looking for, you can try these troubleshooting methods:
- Find out if a family member purchased the item:
If you use Family Sharing, your purchase history shows the purchases that you made using your Apple ID, but you won’t see what other family members bought. To see what other family members bought, sign in with their Apple ID. If family members have access to your device, you might want to require a password for every purchase.
To control what kids buy on their own devices, turn on Ask to Buy.
- Check if you purchased the item with a different Apple ID:
If you don’t see an item in your purchase history, you might have been signed in with a different Apple ID when you made the purchase. Sign in with that Apple ID to check if your purchases were billed to that account.
- Contact Apple Support
In the case that you are still unable to find the file you want, your best shot is to contact Apple Support for more solutions.
What To Do If You See Purchases That You Don’t Recognize or Notice Unexpected Charges
If you see items in your purchase history that you don’t remember buying, check if someone else who uses your device, such as a family member, bought the item. If you suspect that some strangers are using your Apple ID and password for payment, you should change your account information immediately.
In addition, we also recommend you turn on Two-Factor Authentication for more security on your account. Otherwise, you should contact Apple Support for more instructions
There you go, that’s everything you need to know about how to check the purchase history on your iPhone and other devices. We hope that this post will be useful to you. In any case that something goes wrong, you can always leave a comment to let us know.