What to expect from Apple in 2021: There are many expected releases in 2021, which include new AirPods versions, the awaited Airtags, and the 24-inch Mac.
Apple in 2020:
Apple has been releasing innovative top of the line products, and 2020 came with pleasant surprised. Aside from what a bad year 2020 has been worldwide, we are pleased to learn the renowned tech company has been doing great.
The groundbreaking products released this year include:
- March 2020:
- iPad Pro
- Magic Keyboard
- MacBook Air
- Mac Mini
- April 2020
- iPhone SE
- May 2020
- 13-inch MacBook Pro
- June 2020
- Apple Silicon chips
- iOS 14
- iPad OS 14
- WatchOS 7
- August 2020
- 27-inch iMac
- September 2020
- Apple Watch Series 6
- Apple Watch SE
- iPad Air
- Eighth-Generation iPad
- October 2020
- iPhone 12 and 12 Mini
- iPhone 12 pro and 12 Max
- HomePod mini
- November 2020
- M1 MacBook Air and MacBook Pro
- M1 Mac Mini
- macOS Big Sur
Some of the devices launched in 2020 were refreshed from previous versions. But, we also got lots of new technology introduced. Most of the novel tech also got included in the newer versions of other Apple products. This has made 2020 overall, an excellent year for Apple and its consumers.
Apple in 2021:
Apple is on a roll, and 2021 comes with some of the biggest yet products by this world-famous tech company. Hopefully, they will be able to deliver much better products in 2021 and match or surpass the previous year.
Some of the products that we will list below include not only official Apple releases but some of the rumors circulating the Internet. Many of the products are expected either to come at the very end of 2020 or during the transcurs of 2021.
- 16 Inch MacBook Pro:
- This upcoming update of the 2019 MacBook pro is long overdue. The main reason is that the processors used in the computer are too outdated in comparison to more recent devices.
- Some hope the new MacBook Pro comes out before 2020 ends.
- If Apple doesn’t go for the Intel GPUs, it is to be expected to see in the newest 16-inch MacBook Pro with M1 processor later this year.
- 23 Inch Mac
- Apple has announced that the new 23 Inch Mac will present its innovative M1 processor technology. This implies that Apple is steering away from using Intel ones.
- The first Mac to receive an update will be possibly the 21.5 Inch Mac. While we predict that the smaller iMac might get this upgrade too. The most expected computer is the introduction of the 23-inch model.
- It is expected to see some ergonomic changes in the design.
- The company has been working on various AirPods, including the AirPods X. These new AirPods are rumored to be designed for practicing sports.
- Other headphones will be the AirPods Por Lite, meant to be a cheaper version of the AirPods Pro.
- And some new over the ear headphones, AirPods Studio, maybe the first successors to the AirPods Max.
- Apple TV
- In November 2019 Apple launched the TV+ service known as Apple TV. With a collection of exclusive TV shows, it became wildly popular amongst Apple hardcore consumers.
- A revamp has been in order, yet 2020 disappointed in this regard. Many theorized that their delay has been due to the lockdown, which makes it difficult to shoot new series, films, or TV shows.
- Either way, a new Apple TV service is expected for 2021, being one of the most rumored and expected upgrades.
- Air Tag
- Air Tags are the most innovative technology being developed by Apple at the moment. They are basically, a Bluetooth tracking device designed to be attached to items like keys or wallets for tracking purposes. It will be easy to find these items by using the Find my app.
- There is no prospect date yet, but many hope for it to be available before 2020 ends, and if not at least some time in 2021.
- While there are other items in the market that provide the same service such as Tile and Adero, the Apple version will be more deeply integrated
- Based on images found on the build of the iOS 13, the Air Tags are expected to be circular white with the Apple logo at the front. They will be attachable presumably through an adhesive or an attachment point like a ring or keychain.
- The tracking devices will be able to produce sounds when you are facing the direction of the lost item.
- The price has not been set yet by Apple, but similar products cost ranges from $25 to $30, so it is expected for the price tag to fall somewhere between those numbers.
- 24-inch iMac
- The soon to be released 24-inch iMac is expected to have some awesome new features.
- The new design is one of the most awaited surprises by Apple. It is supposed to be changed to the point where it is unrecognizable from its past iterations.
- The design language will be similar to that of the iPad Pro
- It will have integrated the M1 or future Apple Silicon chip
- All models will come with SSD, and not more HDD or Fusion Drives.
The Bottom Line
2020 was a stellar year for Apple, and most expect 2021 to follow in its footsteps. Some of the most awaited new products include the Apple-specific Bluetooth tracker named Air Tags. The popular AirPods collection will see some new additions, with newer futures designed for specific tasks such as doing sports. Lastly, the refreshing and updating of older Mac versions might be amongst the most awaited releases.
That’s what to expect from Apple in 2021. What do you expect from the Cupertino firm next year? Let us know in the comments.