Tons of new content and movies are uploaded to Netflix, Disney+, and Apple TV+ every day. But, which movie streaming platform is the best for you? Whether you’re looking for a streaming service to watch your favorite movies or a big fan of reality shows. Here’s how the 3 biggest streaming platforms compare.
The Walt Disney Company is a massive corporate enterprise and media empire. And, when it comes to movies, it owns fan-favorite blockbusters from Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. Plus, these are the new Marvel TV series you’re going to get from Disney+:
- The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
- Marvel’s What If – animated series
Plus, if you’re a Star Wars fan, then “The Mandalorian” is a 100% yes for this streaming service. But, in case you’re not fond of these series, then Disney-owned Pixar and National Geographic might make you reconsider.
Overall, Disney+ has launched with over 500 episodes of “current and off-air” TV shows, 25 original series, and 10 original movies. Not to mention its movie library that includes over 400 feature films. All of Disney’s cinematic releases will go straight to Disney+. And, everything is downloadable to watch offline.
- Unlimited downloads
- Support for up to 7 profiles and streaming on 4 devices at the same time
- Exclusive content from Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm
- Best movie streaming service for kids
- Limited Fox content
- No way to manually adjust streaming quality
- Original series uploaded by episode instead of by season
- Lack of adult-oriented content (like shocking true-crime documentaries)
- $8.99/month for the Basic Plan
- $13.99/month for the Standard Plan
- $17.99/month for the Premium Plan
Note: There are also Standard DVD and Blu-ray plans that start at $7.99 per month, and the Premier plan starts at $11.99 per month.
Last year, Netflix had 700 original series with 139 million subscribers internationally. One of Netflix’s best selling points is the diversity of its content. Whether it’s gruesome true crime documentaries, reality TV series like “Queer Eye”, or psychological thrillers such as the “Haunting of Hill House”, Netflix can offer pretty much everything to entertain you.
Additionally, the service also owns some movies that receive multiple-Oscar nominations like “Roma” and “Marriage Story”.
On the other hand, big hits like “Stranger Things” and “The Crown” have drawn in millions of subscribers for Netflix. Popular Netflix original series, recently are:
- House of Cards
- Orange Is the New Black
- Black Mirror
- Big Mouth
- Umbrella Academy
- Support Movies & TV shows on most devices
- Support offline playback
- Skip intro
- The latest episode is not available right away
- Outdated library
- Selection depends on your location
$4.99/month and a free 7-day trial. If you buy an Apple device, Apple TV+ is included free for 1 year.
Apple reportedly spent $2 billion on programming in 2020, showing how serious it’s in this market. Famous celebrities like Prince Harry and Oprah Winfrey are said to be working on a original series about mental health that’s expected to hit Apple’s streaming service in 2021.
“The Morning Show”, the biggest hit among 9 original programs kicking off Apple TV+, is also worth to see! Besides, if you like sci-fi TV series, then Steven Spielberg ‘s Amazing Stories is a better option.
For movie lovers, Jason Momoa in “See”, a dystopian thriller, is promised to deliver a whole new after-apocalypse experience for viewers. On top of that, the most interesting Apple TV+ content is probably “Defending Jacob”, a thriller based on the best-selling William Landay novel. In addition, Apple TV+ app is available on smart TVs now.
- Unique new originals content added each month
- Free access to Apple TV+ for a limited time, if you have an Apple Music student subscription
- Save or download shows to watch offline
- Share with up to 6 family members
- No old movies or shows like Netflix
- Thin content library
After all, each platform has its own perks. If you have kids or enjoy watching superhero movies, then, without question it’s Disney+. Or, if you need a place to entertain with unlimited content, then Netflix is made for you . But, if you’re an Apple fan, Apple TV+ is the best option. I bet you probably have your answer now!
Let us know which movie streaming service is right for you in the comments!