Pwn20wnd, the team behind the unc0ver iOS jailbreak tool, has just introduced version 6.0.0 of its software. Unc0ver 6.0.0 allows users to jailbreak iPhone models that are running iOS 14 – iOS 14.3 using a kernel vulnerability. The best thing about this update is that it supports jailbreaking for iPhone 12, iPhone 11, and iPhone XS owners who previously relied on CheckRa1n to jailbreak their devices.
So, if you are looking to jailbreak your iPhone running iOS14 – iOS 14.3, here is how to use Unc0ver to get it done.
In recent years, most of the jailbreak tools are semi-tethered, which means you’ll have to re-jailbreak your iPhone or iPad after a hard reboot. And Unc0ver 6.0 is no exception. But don’t worry, it won’t take long to do so. The entire jailbreak process can be done on your phone. You only need access to a PC or Mac for installing the Unc0ver app on your device the first time around.
Unc0ver 6.0 supports jailbreaking a wide range of iPhones and iPads, specifically:
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone SE (2016)
- iPhone SE (2020)
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone XR
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- 2020 iPad Pro
- 2018 iPad Pro
- 2017 iPad Pro
- iPad Air 4
- iPad Air 3
- iPad Air 2
- iPad mini 5
- iPad mini 4
- 5th/6th/7th gen iPad
So basically you can jailbreak all the current Apple devices running iOS 14 – iOS 14.3 with Unc0ver.
There are some things you need to do before attempting to jailbreak your device
- Erase any iOS 14 OTA update files in Settings>Storage then reboot your device. This will help you prevent the boot loop issue when jailbreaking.
- Make sure to create a Backup for your important data before proceeding with the jailbreaking steps in case something goes wrong during the process.
Jailbreak iOS 14 – iOS 14.3 Using Unc0ver and Install Cydia
- On your computer, download and install AltServer from here. It’s available on both Windows and macOS.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad with your computer
- Start Altsever, select install Altstore, then proceed to select your iPhone/iPad’s name
- The AltStore app will be installed on your device and its icon will show up on the home screen
- Go to Settings>General>Device Management tap on your Apple ID, and trust its Developer Certificate.
- With your phone connected to your computer, download the latest version of Un0ver here. It will appear as an IPA file.
- You should see an “Open In.” option that you’ll use to open the IPA in AltStore.
- Open the IPA file wiith AltStore. This will install Unc0ver on your iPhone/iPad.
- You might have to enter the Apple ID credentials during the installation process for certificate signing purposes.
- After the process is complete, go back to your device’s home screen and launch Unc0ver
- Simply hit the Jailbreak button and wait for the app to do its job.
- Your device will respring during the process
- After the whole process is complete, you will see the Cydia icon on your home screen
And that’s basically it. Now you can open Cydia and start installing tweaks on your iPhone/iPad. Unc0ver jailbreak supports Substitute for tweak injection and Cydia for package management. You should be able to install all the Cydia tweaks that are compatible with iOS 14.3 or earlier.
- You might run into an error alert and the process would fail afterward. In this case, simply restart your device, relaunch Unc0ver, and try to jailbreak it again.
- If the Unc0ver app keeps failing to jailbreak your device ( crashing, freezing, or the process stops), then you need to close the Unc0ver app, clear all app cache, restart your phone, turn on Airplane mode, and then try jailbreaking again.
There you go, now you know how to Jailbreak iOS 14 – iOS 14.3 on iPhone or iPad using Unc0ver Jailbreak. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comments!