Apple recently released the new iPhone 12 lineup. The new iPhone lineup includes 4 versions with amazing designs, powerful features, and 5G support. This makes the iPhone 12 a worthy upgrade for those who are looking to upgrade their iPhone. However, upgrading your phone to a newer model means that you have to transfer your data from the old iPhone to iPhone 12.
Luckily it is quite easy to do. Let’s check out 3 ways to transfer your data from the old iPhone.
Use Quick Start to Transfer your Data
Quick Start is an amazing feature that was added to iOS 11. With this tool, you can quickly set up your new iOS device by scanning a code. Doing that will transfer all your information from your current device to the new one. This is how:
- Boot up your new iPhone 12 then go through its initial setup. After that, you will be prompted to move your data to your new iPhone.
- Place your old iPhone near the new one. Your new phone will detect that you have another iPhone next to it and start connecting with it.
- When the connection is made, a blue cloud animation should show up on your new device (Apple’s own encryption, similar to the QR code), and the old phone will trigger the Camera app and display a blank circle in the center of the screen.
- Scan the image you see on the new iPhone so that the animation is centered in the circle.
- When the message “Finish on New iPhone ” appears, switch to the new iPhone, enter the passcode of the old device on the new device
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- Once you are done, the data transfer will kick off (the process may take several minutes depending on how much data you are transferring)
Use Your iCloud Backup
If you often back up your old iPhone data on the iCloud, you can easily get your data on the new phone. Here are the steps:
- When you start your new iPhone 12, do all the initial setup until you reach Apps & Data section.
- Choose Restore from iCloud Backup. Sign in with the iCloud ID that’s currently signed into your old iPhone.
- Follow the instructions on your new iPhone screen
- Wait for the process to finish. It can take a while so make sure both devices are at least 50 percent charged and constantly connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Get Your Data By Using iTunes/Finder
iTunes/Finder is the safest way to transfer your data from the old iPhone to your new iPhone 12. In fact, it also very easy to do. What you have to do is:
- Back up your iPhone data on your PC/ Mac. To do this, check here
- Now start your new iPhone and do its initial setup until you reach Apps & Data section
- Select Restore from Mac or PC
- Connect your new iPhone to the computer that contains your recent backup.
- Open iTunes or Finder on your computer and select your new phone
- Select Restore Backup, then choose the backup that you just saved
- If you need to restore from an encrypted backup, enter your password when asked.
- The process will take some time depending on the size of your backup. When it is done, head back to your phone and follow the instructions to complete the transfer process.
And that is how you transfer your data from your old iPhone to your new iPhone 12.
Let us know if you have any questions in the section below.