With iOS 16, iPadOS 16, and macOS Ventura, you can now schedule emails to send later on your Apple devices. This is an excellent addition to Apple’s ecosystem as you can now set your emails to send at a specific time. If you now have the latest software updates of iOS, iPadOS, and macOS installed, it’s worth giving it a try.
In this guide, we are going to show how to schedule emails on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Before we dive in, note that this feature is only available in iOS 16, iPadOS 16, and macOS Ventura, which are now in the beta stages.
How to Schedule Emails on your iPhone or iPad
The new feature eliminates the need for a third-party app installed on your device. Also, the process is pretty straightforward. Here are the steps.
- Launch the Mail app on your iPhone or iPad
- Tap Compose email icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Now, compose the mail you wish to schedule on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap and hold the Up Arrow on the top right.
- Select your desired schedule and select Send later.
- To locate a scheduled email, select Mailboxes on the top left corner
- Hit Send Later, and you should see a list of all scheduled emails.
How to Re-Schedule an email
You can re-schedule any email on your iPhone or iPad. Here are the steps.
- Open your Mail app > Mailboxes.
- Select Send Later.
- Now, edit your schedules and tap Done.
How to Schedule Emails in Gmail on iPhone or iPad
You can schedule your emails to send later within your Gmail app. The good news is that Google allows you to schedule up to 100 emails. Here are the steps.
- Launch the Gmail app on your iPhone or iPad
- Tap Compose your email as usual.
- Hit the three-dot icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Select Schedule Send and tap on Pick date & time to select your desired schedules.
How to Schedule Emails on Mac to Send Later
With macOS Ventura, Apple added the ability to schedule emails in its built-in Mail app, eliminating the need for a third-party app to be installed on your machine. Here are the steps.
Apple Mail app
- Open the Mail app on your Mac and compose email as always.
- Click the down arrow button and select from the suggested schedules.
- Or select Send Later and set your preferred date and time.
- Confirm your action by hitting the Schedule button.
How to Schedule Emails on Mac using the Automator app
If you are now running an older version of macOS, you can use the Automator app to schedule your emails to send later. For those who may not know, the Automator app comes pre-loaded with every macOS version, allowing you to schedule your emails on Mac.
- Open the Automator app on your Mac, select Workflow > Choose.
- Search Mail from the Library section on the sidebar.
- Drag and drop the New Mail Message option into the main window.
- Compose your email as usual and select the Send Outgoing Message option.
- Drag and drop the option into the main window on the right.
- Select File > Save
Now, schedule email using the Calendar app
Once you have saved your email, you can now schedule your email on Mac. Here are the steps.
- Launch the Calendar app and double-tap your desired date to start creating an event.
- Name your event and hit the Alert option so you can receive notifications for your new mail.
- Go to Custom > Open file. Here, select the new box > Other and select the automation file you saved earlier.
- Change the Alert timing to “At time of event” and hit OK to confirm.
How to Schedule Emails on Mac Using a Third-Party App
Many third-party apps out there offer the ability to schedule emails on Mac. We will use the Spark app as it’s easy to use and more intuitive than others. Here are the steps.
- Download the Spark app on your Mac and sign in with your email account.
- Compose your email and hit the Schedule button.
- Choose your desired dates and times and hit the Schedule button to confirm.