One day, you find out that one of your shiny AirPods is not working. You are upset and trying to contact Apple for support. Don’t do that as we have fixes for you in the section below.
Clean your AirPods
If you have been using your AirPods for a long time, then it’s time to clean them. In fact, your wireless headphones get dirty over time. As more dirt build up, your AirPods becomes unstable and even fail to work.
Luckily, you can easily clean your AirPods without damaging them. To do this, Apple recommends you use “soft, dry, lint-free cloth”. If your AirPods still fail to work, then make sure you read on.
Reconfigure Your iPhone Settings
There is a possibility that changes in your iPhone’s settings lead to the AirPods not working problem.
On the device that’s paired with your AirPods, go to Settings> Accessibility> Audio / Visual. In the Balance section, you will see a horizontal bar and a circle icon. If the circle deviates completely from one side, it means that you can only hear sounds from that side of the Pods. You can then adjust it back to the middle to get sounds from both sides.
Re-pair Your AirPods with Your iPhone
Sometimes, that’s the Bluetooth connection that causes this problem. So you can try to re-pair your AirPods with your iPhone/iPad. Here’s how:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone/iPad.
- Go to Bluetooth, and then tap the ‘i’ icon next to your AirPods name on the list.
- Select Forget this Device.
- Place both AirPods in your charging case.
- Close the case lid for 30 seconds, then open it.
- Locate the setup button on the bottom-back of your case. Press and hold it for a few seconds until the status light begins to flash white.
- Reconnect your AirPods by placing them close to your device and opening the lid.
- Follow the steps on your device’s screen.
Now you can start testing both sides to see if sounds are coming out from both of them.
Use Only One Side Of Your AirPods
You can wear one AirPod or two AirPods at the same time. In fact, the W1 chip will detect which side is being use and pairs it with your iPhone. When you use one AirPod, your AirPods will switch to mono audio. This should come in handy if you want to test if your AirPods are working properly.
That’s how to fix left or right AirPods now working. I hope that these methods can help you. If none of the above methods work for you, take your AirPods to the nearest Apple Center for warranty. You can also check out some alternatives to the AirPods at here.