Tiktok is one of the best platforms for sharing short-form videos. It offers a variety of great content to explore. With simple swipes of your finger, you could find yourself going behind the scenes of a TV show or immerse yourself in events and performances from top artists.
With tons of content to dive in, you may find a TikTok video you want to keep on your desktop. If this is the case for you, you are in the right place. We will show you how to download TikTok videos on your Mac in the section below. Before we start, ensure you are running the latest firmware update on your machine.
Is It Legal to Download TikTok Videos?
The answer is Yes. The video-sharing platform has a built-in feature that allows users to download videos directly from the app. However, every download from the app itself will include the TikTok logo and the account username. This may annoy those users who want to share or edit the video.
Can I Download TikTok Videos on Mac?
The short answer is Yes. However, this is against TikTok’s Terms of Service, which only allows video download from the app. To download a TikTok video on a desktop, you have to use a third-party service to download TikTok videos.
How to Download TikTok Videos without a Watermark on Mac
Method 1: Using a third-party website
Tons of websites out there allow you to download TikTok videos without a watermark. Websites like SnapTik, TikFast, TikMate, and DownloadVideosTikTok all work the same way. You simply paste the video URL into their input boxes and let the magic work. However, as mentioned above, this method is against TikTok’s terms of service and may not work if TikTok changes its app.
Method 2: Share TikTok Videos From Your iPhone to Mac
If you do not want to use a third-party website to download TikTok videos to your Mac, you can download your videos on your iPhone and then AirDrop them from your iPhone to your Mac. This method may be complicated, but it’s at least legal. Here are the steps.
How to download TikTok Videos on iPhone
- Open the TikTok app and find a video you want to download.
- Tap the arrow icon at the bottom right corner.
- Hit Save Video > Download.
- Select Done to confirm your action.
How to Transfer a Video from iPhone to Mac
AirDrop lets you easily send a video from your iPhone to your Mac computer. To get things working correctly, your iPhone and your Mac should be within a few feet of each other. Here is how to do it.
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone.
- Tap Albums at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down to the Media Types section and choose Videos.
- Tap Select in the upper right corner and tap on the video you wish to share.
- Hit the Share icon and select AirDrop from the Share pop-up menu.
- Select your Mac computer and accept the transfer on your Mac.
How to Remove Watermark from a TikTok Video
There are many watermark remover tools in the App Store. We tried Video Eraser in the section below. It’s not a free app, but you can sign up for a free trial that unlocks all advanced features. Here is how to do it.
- Import your video from Camera Roll
- Select “Remove watermark” from the menu options.
- Now, highlight the area with the watermark and remove the watermark.
- Repeat the process with the second watermark.
- Save your video and export it to your Camera Roll.