The AirPods is a headset designed for Apple’s devices like the iPhone and iPad. However, not many users know that you can even connect the AirPods to your Mac and use them flawlessly. In fact, you can connect your AirPods to a lot of devices, including Windows and Android devices. Here is our small guide to help you.
Connect AirPods To Mac
To connect your AirPods (2nd generation) to a Mac, your Mac needs to run macOS Mojave 10.14.4 or later. Meanwhile, AirPods Pro requires macOS Catalina 10.15.1 or later.
If you have already set up your AirPods on your iPhone or iPad, they can work properly on the Mac that’s currently signed in with the same Apple ID. Just put the AirPods on your ears, go to Bluetooth or Volume Control in your Mac menu bar, and choose your AirPods name from the list.
If you don’t see your AirPods in the Bluetooth or volume control menu, then you will need to pair your AirPods with your Mac manually. Here is what you need to do:
- On your Mac, go to System Preferences, then select Bluetooth.
- Make sure that your Mac’s Bluetooth is on.
- Put both AirPods in the charging case and open the lid.
- Press and hold the setup button located on the low-back of the case until the light flashes.
- Back to the Bluetooth window on your Mac. Select your AirPods in the Devices list, then click Connect.
In the case that sounds are still coming from your MacBook Pro’s speakers, go to either the Bluetooth menu or the volume control in the menu bar and make sure that your AirPods are selected as the output device.
Use Your AirPods On Windows Laptop
You can use AirPods as a Bluetooth pair of headphones on Windows Laptops or PCs that support Bluetooth. Of course, you won’t be able to use all the AirPods features. To connect your AirPods to Windows device, you need to:
- Fully charge your AirPods, leave them in the charging case, and open the lid
- Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case until you see the status light flash white
- On your Windows Laptop, go to Bluetooth settings
- Make sure its Bluetooth is on
- Click on Add Bluetooth or other device
- You will see your AirPods name on the list here, click on it
- Your computer will connect to the AirPods and show a successful notification.
- Click Done to complete the process.
Use AirPods On Android Devices
The process to setup the AirPods on Android devices is quite simple:
- Go to Settings>Bluetooth
- Leave your AirPods in the charging case and open the lid.
- Hold the setup button on the back of the case until the light flashes.
- When your AirPods appear in the list of Bluetooth devices, tap on the name to start the connection process.
Surely, you are not going to get all the features of the AirPods on the Android devices and you can only use them as a usual headset.