AirPlay is a great way to stream content on your iOS devices to Apple TV or smart TVs. This feature allows you to share music, photos, videos, or your entire devices screen to your TV. Doing this on your iPhone and iPad is extremely easy, but on a Mac, it will get a little bit tricky. So in this article, we will guide you on how to AirPlay from your Mac to your TV.
If you are watching movies on iTunes, you can easily stream them via AirPlay to your TV. What you need to do is:
- Make sure that your Mac and your TV are now connected to the same Wi-fi.
- On your Mac’s iTunes, select the movies/videos that you are interested in and hit Play
- As the video is playing, select the AirPlay menu from the toolbar at the top and select your TV. Alternatively, the AirPlay menu is also available on the playback toolbar that displays when you point your mouse over the video playback.
- Your videos will appear on the TV screen and enjoy your movies on the large Screen!!
As you can see, it is extremely easy to AirPlay content from your Mac to your TV via the iTunes. However, iTunes only supports a certain types of videos. You will have to convert any incompatible videos to iTunes’ supported format or using the second method bellow
Airplay Mirroring is a new feature that’s running on macOS X or later. This feature allows you to mirror everything on your Mac screen to your TV. Therefore, you can use it to watch any type of video content via your TV
These are the steps you need to follow:
- Connect your Mac and your TV to the same Wi-fi.
- Activate AirPlay Mirroring. You can turn on this feature via the icon on the menu bar or via the Display preferences in System Preferences
- Choose which TV that you like to mirror your Mac on.
- A passcode will appear on your TV screen. Enter the code on your Mac
- A popup window will ask if you want to match the TV resolution with your Mac or if you’d prefer to match your Mac’s display to your TV
- Choose the option that you prefer and now your Mac screen is mirrored on your TV
- Play your video on your Mac and enjoy it on the big screen!
- If you want to stop mirroring, simply stop the AirPlay apps
AirPlay Mirroring is the best solution to stream your content to your TV as you can play any type of video. In addition, the audio will also be sent to your TV so you will hear the audio coming from your TV instead of your Mac. However, this feature has a downside. If you want to do something else while watching movies such as chatting or going through social media, everything you do will also show on your TV screen. This can be an inconvenience and interrupt the stream.
That’s it! now you know how to AirPlay from your Mac to your TV. If you have any question, please let us know in the comments!.